The workshop, The Safe Return of Syrian Refugees Workshop, was organized by the Bahrain Center for Strategic, International, and Energy Studies “Derasat”.It aimed at presenting the situation of the refugees in host countries as well the conditions inside Syria and whether those conditions permit a sustainable return. It aimed at presenting the situation of the refugees in host countries as well the conditions inside Syria and whether those conditions permit a sustainable return.
“In our program we research the different elements needed to build a better future for the Syrians once there is a political settlement,” Riwa Nasreddine the Manager of the National Agenda for the Future of Syria program under the UN ESCWA said.
“In this platform we presented our research on elements of an inclusive and sustainable peace and reconciliation. Regardless what kind of political solution is brought forward, a real inclusive and sustainable peace cannot be found unless residents of the same city, the same town and the same neighborhood from different backgrounds and with different political views learn to live together again. An important part of our research tackles this very important issue,” Riwa Nasreddine the Manager of the National Agenda for the Future of Syria
Below are News articles related to the event:
- THE ASIAN: Bahrain workshop experts discuss safe return of Syrian refugees.
- MTV LEBANON NEWS: Video report on the Bahrain’s 2019 Workshop on refugee during prime time news : Video from min 29 till 31.
- AKHBAR AL KHALIJ: المبعوث الأميركي الى سوريا : تدخلات ايران في المنطقة غير مسبوقة
- ALAYAM: Bahrain workshop on return of Syrian refugees.
- AL WATAN NEWS: عبدالله بن خليفة ال ثاني: الامن قبل الاعمار في سوريا... و حل الازمة من الداخل
- BAHRAIN NEWS AGENCY: A photo album from the workshop
- ARAB-TURKEY: عودة اللاجئين إلى سوريا “مستحيلة”
- ALBILAD NEWS: Syrian refugee crisis is a story of human catastrophe
- THE DAILY TRIBUNE: THE Syrian refugee crisis : the biggest since WW2- Derasat Workshop
- DERASAT: board chairman Shaikh Abdulla bin Ahmed Al Khalifa speech.